ACHIEVE Out-of-School Time (OST) is a tiered incentive award program that rewards practitioners for participating in trainings and earning certificates and degrees, with an emphasis on best practices in youth development. ACHIEVE OST is designed to increase afterschool program stability and improve program quality by reducing staff turnover and encouraging afterschool practitioners to continue their training and education. Children and youth benefit from continuous care from practitioners who are specialists in the out-of-school-time field, understand best practices in youth development and are sensitive to their needs.
Are you eligible for an ACHIEVE OST incentive?
Have you completed the training hours or education levels listed on the ACHIEVE Out-of-School Time Award Pathway (from a regionally accredited college)?
- Do you work in a Palm Beach County out-of-school time program participating in the Quality Improvement System (QIS)?
- Do you work in a licensed or license exempt out-of-school time program?
- Do you earn $20.00 or less per hour?
- Have you been continuously employed for three or more months at the same out-of-school time program?
- Do you work at least 15 hours per week during out-of-school time with children and youth in grades K-12?
- Are you a member of the Prime Time Out-of-School Time Registry?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you may be eligible for an ACHIEVE OST incentive award!
Application Due Dates
- November 15 for applications processed in December and paid in January
- February 15 for applications processed in March and paid in April
- May 15 for application processed in June and paid in July
- August 15 for applications processed in September and paid in October
*You will receive an award or denial letter the month following the application deadline. Checks are mailed to eligible applicants within a month of the award letter date.
Youth development training and education is required to be eligible for an ACHIEVE OST incentive. In addition, you must complete continuing education to remain eligible each year.
Do you need additional training hours? Check out the Prime Time Training Calendar. Prime Time has also compiled a list of online and free/low cost training resources. Click here for more information about training opportunities.
Professional Development Scholarship and Incentives Specialist