Now Accepting Nominees for the Advancing Afterschool Awards 2020!
Prime Time Palm Beach County is seeking nominees for our Advancing Afterschool Awards 2020, honoring exemplary individuals for their work in the field of afterschool. Recipients will be recognized for their commitment to quality standards, dedication to the children and contributions to the afterschool field at day two of Prime Time Palm Beach County’s Afterschool Symposium on Friday, May 15, 2020.
Prime Time Palm Beach County fosters professionalism and excellence in the field of afterschool, and encourages you to participate in the Advancing Afterschool Awards 2020 nomination process using the following form. It's a wonderful way to recognize the outstanding achievements of your fellow colleagues in the field!
Deadline to submit your nomination is March 23, 2020.
Award Categories and Descriptions:
Beyond the Call of Duty Award
- An afterschool practitioner who provides support, care and guidance to youth
- An individual who creates an environment where youth develop positive social and emotional skills needed to manage their emotions and establish positive and rewarding relationships with others
Bringing it Beyond Award
- A supporter of the afterschool field who is not employed by an afterschool program
- An individual who provides support and services, or advocates for children in the out-of-school time hours (Community service organizations, such as Kiwanis, Rotary and faith-based entities are eligible.)
They Did What? Wow! Award
- A frontline staff member (instructor, group leader, activity leader, assistant or aide) who demonstrates extraordinary dedication to positive youth development
Ace of Initiative Award
- An afterschool director or any individual who supervises/oversees school-age programming and frontline staff, who excels in fostering high quality within his/her program.
Exceeding Everest Award
An ELO instructor who excels in providing high-quality, challenging learning experiences in the following areas:
- Supporting School-day Academic Learning
- Caring for the Whole Child
- Discovering Arts and Culture
- Leadership and Career Pathways
- Exploring Technology
Middle School Leadership Award
- A middle school-age youth (age 11-15) who attends an afterschool program and consistently strives to achieve personal goals while demonstrating outstanding leadership qualities (These qualities could include, but are not limited to, mentoring peers, motivating others and serving his/her community).
Amazing Ally Award
- An afterschool practitioner in the middle school field who serves as an outstanding ally for youth by providing connections and resources that inspire, promoting youth voice and leadership opportunities that empower, and establishing a safe climate that strengthens youth