For children and youth to reach their fullest potential in school and life.
To help children and youth succeed by strengthening and expanding quality in the out-of-school time field.
Prime Time Palm Beach County is a nonprofit intermediary organization that serves afterschool programs and practitioners. We provide supports and resources that increase program quality to positively impact school-age youth. Prime Time provides a set of quality standards, a system for reaching these standards through assessment, technical assistance and resources, as well as a broad and diverse range of program enhancements to afterschool providers. We also offer a set of core competencies, professional development opportunities, and networking events for afterschool professionals across the county.
As an afterschool intermediary, Prime Time performs several essential functions:
- Brokering Relationships - Prime Time consistently seeks to develop relationships with afterschool stakeholders to form alliances on issues of mutual importance.
- Convening Local Organizations – The Prime Time Afterschool Consortium provides a collaborative network to allow for the sharing of ideas and information as well as peer and partner networking.
- Expanding Services – Prime Time procures support from funding sources to further expand the activities of afterschool providers and to encourage the development of new programs.
- Increasing Program Quality – Empowering agencies to build and sustain quality afterschool programs through use of the Palm Beach County Program Quality Assessment tool is core to Prime Time's Quality Improvement System.
- Conducting, Strengthening and Supporting the Afterschool Workforce – Prime Time partners with educational institutions like Palm Beach State College* to develop credit and noncredit educational pathways for afterschool practitioners.
- Research and Evaluation – System-level and program-level data collection and outcome reporting is critical to Prime Time's success in ensuring continuous quality improvement and securing funding to continuously offer supports and resources to the Palm Beach County afterschool community.
- Promoting Sustainability – Prime Time increasingly strives to develop connections and supports that will ensure a steadfast and sustainable flow of resources for the afterschool field.
*Palm Beach Community College changed its name to Palm Beach State College in January 2010.