Who is eligible for a Prime Time scholarship?
Management and frontline practitioners working 10 or more hours per week with school-age children in a Palm Beach County afterschool program.
What do Prime Time scholarships cover?
Refer to the Scholarships “More Information” section to view approved college non-credit/credit coursework and conferences.
Youth Development non-credit and credit coursework:
- An afterschool practitioner is eligible to receive a maximum of six scholarships per fiscal year* for college non-credit classes and six scholarships per fiscal year* for credit classes.
- Scholarship awards given to applicants taking college classes will cover the full tuition amount for the approved class, as well as the full cost of textbooks for the class.
- Prime Time scholarships do not cover out-of-state tuition.
Youth Development conferences, workshops, seminars and events:
- An organization is eligible to send one afterschool practitioner to a conference or event per fiscal year.
- An afterschool practitioner is eligible to receive a maximum of one scholarship per fiscal year* to attend a conference or event.
- Scholarship awards for conferences and events will pay the registration fee for the approved event. The maximum award for in-state events is $350.00 and the maximum award for out-of-state events is $450.00.
(*) For conference and events Prime Time's fiscal year begins October 1 and ends September 30 of the following year. Palm Beach State College scholarship eligibility begins with the fall term and ends with the summer term annually.
Submit scholarship applications for classes at least 15 business days before the class start date. Submit scholarship applications for conferences and events at least 15 business days before the conference or event payment due date. Late applications are not considered. All scholarship applications are considered on a first come, first serve basis. However, priority funding is given to applicants who have not previously been awarded a Prime Time Scholarship. Scholarships are awarded based on funding availability.
For more information on the approved coursework, and to receive individual education and career advising, contact Elisa Moro, Career Advisor, at email@example.com or 561-600-9528.