Professional Development Essentials Series Part 1 – Walking in Purpose
Please ensure your availability allows you to commit to all of the following dates before registering for the training series:
- 8/26/21 – Thursday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Professional Development Essentials Series Part 1 – Walking in Purpose
- 9/9/21 – Thursday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Professional Development Essentials Series Part 2 – Raising the Cultural Vibration in OST
CEUs: Prime Time is authorized by IACET to offer 0.8 CEUs for the completion of this training series. Click here to learn more here.
In order to earn CEUs, participants must meet the following requirements: complete all assignments satisfactorily, attend all sessions of the training series, miss no more than 15 minutes of total training time, actively participate in the trainings with their video on and pass the post quiz with a score of 70% or higher.
In this training series participants will discuss the importance of understanding where they come from in terms of culture and values. Participants will discover where they are going in terms of direction and vision through guided exercises that examine destiny and attitude. Participants will engage in activities to practice techniques that build a positive environment for youth by modeling how to follow their purpose and values.
Walking in Purpose
- Analyze where they come from in terms of culture and values through guided exercises
- Examine direction and vision through guided exercises
- Design a plan to help youth discover and follow their purpose
Raising the Cultural Vibration in OST
- Define culture as it relates to the out-of-school time program space.
- List three ways to improve the culture of the out-of-school environment.
- Apply specific techniques to support positive behavior in your program
9:00 am - 12:00 pm