Well-Being Tools for Practitioners and Youth Parts 1 -3
REQUIREMENT: The Progressive Afterschool Practitioner (PASP) training must be taken one time before attending any training series. CLICK HERE to register for the PASP. If you have successfully completed (PASP), please ensure your availability allows you to commit to all of the following dates before registering for the training series:
- 10/7/20 – Wednesday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Well-Being Tools Part 1
- 10/21/20 – Wednesday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Well-Being Tools Part 2
- 11/6/20 – Friday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Well-Being Tools Part 3
CEUs: Prime Time is authorized by IACET to offer 1.2 CEUs for the completion of this training series. Click here to learn more here.
In the Well-Being Tools training series, practitioners will identify their sources of stress and learn self-care and resilience skills while creating a well-being plan to better navigate stress, improve work relationships and model well-being skills for co-workers and the youth in their OST program. Practitioners will learn and practice strategies to help youth manage stress and improve their well–being and social-emotional skills.
Well-Being Tools for Practitioners- Part 1– Introduction
- Discuss and explore the meaning of well-being and key concepts: self-awareness, resilience, mindfulness, compassion and empathy.
- Identify the obstacles to well-being and evaluate the impact of stress on interactions with co-workers, youth and families served in OST.
- Practice exercises and tools that promote self-care through creating a personalized well-being action plan.
Well-being Tools for Practitioners – Part 2- Modeling
- Recall self-awareness, stress management, and self-compassion practices and tools learned in previous session.
- Reassess, revise and extend well-being plans to include solutions and strategies that intentionally model well-being to peers and youth.
- Examine the impact of self-awareness on brain function and health and relate to personal experiences.
- Engage in practices that help model and transfer empathy, compassion and resiliency skills to coworkers and youth
Well-being Tools for Practitioners – Part 3- Life Skills for Youth
- Discuss and apply strategies for reflecting on negative thoughts and emotions.
- Compare resources and strategies that teach youth practical life skills and coping skills.
- Analyze strategies to assist youth in learning to express emotions in positive ways.
- Practice activities that teach youth techniques to deal with stress and develop resiliency.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm