9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Inspired to Empower Teens and Building a Positive Community with Teens Parts 1 & 2
REQUIREMENT: The Progressive Afterschool Practitioner (PASP) training must be taken one time before attending any training series. CLICK HERE to register for the PASP. If you have successfully completed (PASP), please ensure your availability allows you to commit to all of the following dates before registering for the training series:
- 9/17/20 – Thursday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Inspired to Empower Teens
- 10/1/20 – Thursday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Building a Positive Community with Teens Part 1
- 10/15/20 – Thursday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Building a Positive Community with Teens Part 2
CEUs: Prime Time is authorized by IACET to offer 1.2 CEUs for the completion of this training series. Click here to learn more here.
This foundational track focuses on improving your ability to engage middle school-aged youth using proven youth-focused practices for developing effective programs and establishing a safe, relationship-building community environment for teens.
Please note: Only afterschool practitioners working with middle school youth should register for this series.
Inspired to Empower Teens
- Describe the role of a Youth Development Professional.
- Identify factors influencing teen feelings of empowerment.
- Determine how to use SMART goals to improve empowerment potential.
Building a Positive Community with Teens – Part 1
- Discuss importance of belonging, significance and emotional safety for youth.
- Outline methods involved in establishing a positive community.
- Utilize interactive learning structures and brain breaks that provide opportunities for youth to feel a sense of belonging and significance.
Building a Positive Community with Teens – Part 2
- Explain the Responsive Advisory Meeting structure
- Practice developing Responsive Advisory Meetings as a way to help youth build positive relationships