9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Active Learning, Youth Voice & Planning and Reflection
REQUIREMENT: The Progressive Afterschool Practitioner (PASP) training must be taken one time before attending any training series. CLICK HERE to register for the PASP. If you have successfully completed (PASP), please ensure your availability allows you to commit to all of the following dates before registering for the training series:
- 9/9/20 – Wednesday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Active Learning
- 9/23/20 – Wednesday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Youth Voice
- 10/7/20 – Wednesday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Planning and Reflection
CEUs: Prime Time is authorized by IACET to offer 1.2 CEUs for the completion of this training series. Click here to learn more here.
After mastering youth development foundations, participants will build knowledge and skills to increase youth engagement in planning, implementing and evaluating program activities in the Essentials of Youth Development Series. Participants will learn how to nurture youth leadership by creating opportunities for youth input and choice as they actively engage in their learning process.
- Utilize active learning strategies during the training.
- Build the six principles of active learning into program offerings
- Examine the ways they offer Youth Voice in their programs.
- Demonstrate Youth Voice strategies.
- Identify the benefits of giving Youth Voice and how to offer meaningful opportunities for participation.
Planning and Reflection
- Give examples of the ways in which planning and reflection are done in their programs.
- Describe the role that planning and reflection play in the learning cycle.
- Utilize planning and reflection strategies